Thursday, July 21, 2011

Terry Traen

During the year that I lived with my parents, my dad and I carpooled almost everyday to work and would listen to the KQRS morning talk show. Terry Traen quickly became one of my favorite radio personalities, the way she speaks and the words that come out of her mouth are very similar to the way I can be sometimes with a stong Minnesotan accent and a little confused with what's going on exactly. During the many mornings of listening to the show, we would hear about the different spots where the would be doing promotions and it just so happens that Terry does a lot of hers at Green Mills. Dad and I had been waiting and waiting for her to come to the Plymouth Green Mill so we could go meet her. Finally, on Tuesday, she was there! I met mom, dad and Kari at Green Mill for some pizza and beer. Dad and I went up to meet Terry and she was so nice. Dad started out the conversation saying that I broke up with a boyfriend and had to move home from South Dakota and carpooled with him everyday for a year and that's how we became fans of hers. I think she was more interested in the breaking up with the boyfriend part because that's pretty much all we talked about during the night. She mentioned her daughter also just broke up with her boyfriend of a couple years and our stories were pretty much identical.

Terry Traen, Dad, Me
While we were at Green Mill Terry was doing drawings for prizes and both me and dad won. I chose a t-shirt and he got a beer koozie that he had Terry sign. During one of her drawings she says 'If anyone knows a nice WI guy, that girl back there, Ali, in the blue dress, is single and very nice.' Not too long after that, this guy comes up to the table, dad had stepped away for a minute, and says 'Hi, you're Ali, from WI and you're single? I'm Phil, from MN and I'm drunk.' I didn't quite know what to say seeing as how my mom and sister were at the table and my dad was walking back over.

All in all it was a nice night with my family and it was fun to finally be able to meet Terry and chat with her and her daughter about guys and life. Best of all, I actually won something!

No comments:

Post a Comment