Monday, August 25, 2014

Weekend Review 22

You'll never guess what I did this weekend. It's so out of character I couldn't believe it!

I went to the cabin...

Let me first back up to Thursday. My dad's company had a suite at the Twins game and I was able to go with. It was the perfect day for an afternoon game!



After the game a few of us enjoyed some rooftop action at Seven where you get a free drink with your game day ticket. Unfortunately, then they take your ticket so you can't get the special anywhere else. Had we known that, we would of snatched up the 20 unused suite tickets we had and bar hopped all night.

If there's one lesson I really want to learn before I turn 30, it's to just go home after a day of drinking when everyone else calls it quits. Luckily I have a few more hours to learn that lesson. Thursday however, I decided to go listen to some music at a local jazz club and only knew I took a cab home by checking my bank account the next day. Will I ever learn? Lets hope so.


Friday I took off from work a bit early and was able to by pass all traffic North to the cabin. We went to Jed's for dinner and played the meat raffle where we won some beef! It was a funny story because they called our number 7818, only my tickets were misprinted! If we hadn't kept the tickets connected I think they would have called bologna on our win and would have picked another number. We had 7817, 6818, 7819...They let us win, but it wasn't without a few hecklers calling us cheaters.


Saturday was all business and no play. Well, except for our awesome outfits.


Had to protect ourselves from poison ivy, spiders, snakes (luckily didn't see any), ants, etc.
Our neighbors are getting a dumpster over the long weekend, but I refuse to do manual labor over Labor day weekend...or are you supposed to do labor on Labor day? I'm confused...anyway, instead of working over the long weekend I went up and helped mom and dad sort through a giant pile of garbage that the old owners left behind our pole barn.



I was in charge of manning the fire and burning old wood that we found. Mom and dad took old siding, windows, bricks, paint, boat seats/cushions, floats, insulation, a hide-a-bed, and neatly piled it on two trailers so when the dumpster does come, they can just re-pile in the dumpster.

You can see we made some progress
We worked for 8 straight hours and it was exhausting. It was so hot and humid that we were hydrating with Busch light and Redd's Apple Ale and never get a buzz because we were sweating it all out.

As our reward we went to Jed's again for burger night. If you are ever in the Siren/Webster area, I really do suggest deep fried pickle spears and one of their build-your-own burgers. They are really good. Plus you have an amazing view of Clam Lake and the sunset.

Sunday was pretty typical. I got up early and beat the traffic to the cities and spent the rest of the day picking up the apartment and binge watching True Blood. I could barely keep my eyes open after putting down a big ginger and a frozen pizza that I was passed out, snug as a bug in a rug by 9:00 pm. Now that's winning at life.

1 comment:

  1. Wait - what is a beef raffle?!! Also, love the story of Thursday night! Growing up is over rated! :)

    ReplyDelete